Thursday, October 20, 2011

Swap Goodies, Fall Pictures and New primitives

Hello prim friends!!  Be prepared, this post is long and picture heavy so grab a cup of hot chocolate and stay awhile.  It is very cold and rainy  here in WV today...temp is only 33 brrr. I'm staying in and getting some cleaning done.  Just wanted to get on and do a long overdue post and share some pictures.

 Last month I participated in my very first swap.  It was The Prairie Harvest swap that Amy from Bumble Bee Lane was hosting.  Amy was my partner.  She sent me some wonderful prims.  I loved everything!  Thanks so much Amy!!   I wanted to share my prim goodies that Amy sent.



                                                               She made me this great pumpkin
                                                               and the wonderful sunflower bowl fillers
                                                               the littlest one is a little prim pin




Some beeswax acorn and crow bowl fillers
they smell sooooo good!!
A great prim ditty bag

                                                                          A scarecrow doll
                                                                     here it is in an old
                                                                burlap bag I got on Ebay
 Thanks again Amy it was so much fun getting to know you and starting a great new friendship!

 I finally finished all my fall decorating.  It seemed like it took me forever to get done tweaking things.  I like to keep my fall decorations simple. I like to use real gourds and Indian corn.  I love bittersweet and I use a lot of it in my displays. Here are pics of some of my fall displays.
                                                           I stitched the picture using a simple goodes
                                                                   stitched by Jennifer pattern
 a bittersweet wreath that I made
this is simple stitched picture that I made it was my own pattern

Pumpkin sign that I made using stencils

My daughter Paige wanted to help with the fall decorating so she made her own fall picture


 My hubby  finally made time to make some prim creations that I had drew up for him to make.  I have to have him cut everything out because I'm afraid to use the saws and I'm sure that I would mess it up anyways.  So I draw up the design and he builds it and then I do the painting and antiquing.   Here are some pics of out latest creations.
                                                          a cubby box with drawers that we made I painted it brown
then pained blue over the brown
and after a lot of sanding and some stain
its finished

this is a lap desk that we made



this is a simple log cabin sampler that I stitched it's my own design

Well I'm off to go finish cleaning and start making chicken and dumplings for supper tonight.
Hugs~Christina





8 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow you've been busy! Love your fall decorating ~ very lovely! I really like all your goodies Amy sent you too. They look great in your displays! Your new projects turned out great too ~ love the lap desk & sampler. Hope you have a great day!

Mary said...

Hi Christina, Welcome to blogging! It's so wonderful to be able to share our primitive journeys through blogging and comments, without ever having to leave our homes. You are going to have so much fun!! I welcome you to stop by my blog sometime for a visit, when you find a free moment http:Marmmiesmammysandmore.blogspot.com.
Your fall decorating is so prim perfect! I love how you use simple naturals with all your fall decor! Your new projects are just wonderful... it's so awesome to have such a handy hubby that can work with you on all your projects. I'm so luving that lap desk!!! Enjoy the rest of your week! Hugs Mary

Trace4J said...

Hello New Friend!
I am a new follower sent over from Amy! So look forward to getting to know you. I just love this sweet bloggie world and all the wonderful friends. Stop over and visit me sometime. Love all your new treasures.
Blessings Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

BumbleBeeLane said...

So glad you like your goodies! I love the slant desk you made.Hmmmm wonder were ya got the idea for chicken and dumplings tonite..smile..I got our swap posted and sent people your way.Hope you get lots of new friends.You are a sweetie! Hugs!~Amy

Farmhouse, primitives and more said...

You have a wonderful fall decor. Great swap goodies!The pieces made from your husband are beautiful.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Hello Christina - I'm a new follower and found my way here from Sweet Amy's .... Welcome to the world of blogging!!! Beware...it's addicting!! ;o) Love your swap goodies from Amy - she makes some wondrous things....I have some of her beeswax corn and acorns and they smell heavenly....And love all your touches of fall. I so love naturals - but can't resist adding more - I LOVE Halloween, so easily get carried away. Fun project you and your hubby made - that slant top desk is gorgeous. Hope dinner turns out great - sounds yummy! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

~Sara said...

Hello new friend! I just have to tell you that I am so happy to have found you on here. I absolutely love all of your fall decorating, and your new creations are just wonderful.It is so much fun to see the fruit of your labor ad enjoy things in the home that are homemade by your family. Dinah sounds yummy, I will be right over. Have a blessed weekend ~Sara

Farmhouse prims said...

Love all of your swap goodies. Love the goodies made by your husband, awesome. Hugs, Lecia